AWARD FAQS | GOLD AWARDS
Gold Awards FAQs
Below are frequently asked questions, and their answers, about the MBAG Gold Awards program.
- What are the minimum requirements to qualify?
- How many credits do I need to qualify for the program?
- How do I earn credits?
- How much does it cost?
- What about the GGF?
- What are the different levels of awards?
- What do I get for being a Gold Award winner?
- I can't make it to Atlanta very often. Can my local seminars count for credit?
- I didn't receive a report card. Why not?
- How do I find out who my chapter president is?
- What about the President's Award? Can I qualify for that too?
- What is the "Rising Star" award?
- What is the "Rookie of the Year" award?
- Do I have to be a member of MBAG to participate?
- What if I change companies?
- My question wasn't answered here. How can I ask it?
What are the minimum requirements to qualify?
- Minimum volume of $10M or 100 units closed during the current calendar year, while employed by an MBAG member company.
- 5 Gold Award "credits" (for more information about earning credits, see question #3)
- $100 Contribution to the Good Government Fund (GGF), MBAG's PAC.
How many credits do I need to qualify for the program?
Each loan officer must accumulate 3 Education credits and 2 elective credits, for a total of 5 credits to be eligible for awards.
How do I earn credits?
Credits are earned by attending seminars, luncheons, local chapter meetings, educational summits, convention classes, etc. Creditable events are held and publicized each year in advance. Ample opportunities are given to earn the required credits before the deadline.
How much does it cost?
There is no inherent cost to be enrolled in the program. Your enrollment is automatic when you attend education events and request Gold Award credit. At that time, your name is placed in the Gold Award credit database and your email address is added to the mailing list so you will know about upcoming seminars, etc.
Seminars are priced individually based on facilities, speakers, foodservice, and so forth.
What about the GGF?
The GGF, or Good Government Fund, is MBAG's political action committee (PAC). Donations are made to candidates who support the interests of our industry. Each loan officer must contribute at least $100 to this fund each year in order to be eligible for Gold Awards recognition.
This fee has no definite deadline date, but it must be received before award status will be granted.
What are the different levels of awards?
There are three basic levels of awards, based on volume:
NOTE: Volume levels have been changed. The new levels are reflected below.
- Gold: $10M-$24.9M or 100 units
- Platinum: $25M-$49.9M or 200 units
- Diamond: $50M + or 400 units
Volume must be accrued during one full year's production cycle (Jan.1-Dec.31), and must be verified by manager or senior loan officer. GAW credits must be accrued during the same 12-month period, as they do not carry over from year to year.
What do I get for being a Gold Award winner?
As a Gold Award winner, you will receive:
- A commemorative trophy for your office
- Photo and volume level published in the official Gold Awards program booklet, and posted on the MBAG website for one year
- Photo and volume published in the Atlanta Business Chronicle
- Esteem among your colleagues
*Note: Local chapters may have additional avenues of recognition.
I can't make it to Atlanta very often. Can my local seminars count for credit?
If you attend functions in chapters outside the Atlanta area, your local MBAG Chapter meetings may be counted for one credit each. Each chapter may also hold creditable functions throughout the year. Consult your local chapter's schedule for details.
Additionally, training seminars sponsored and/or required by your employer may be eligible for Gold Award credit.
I didn't receive a report card. Why not?
Loan officers in chapters OUTSIDE the Atlanta area will NOT receive pre-printed report cards from the association office. The state office maintains state and Atlanta (AMBA) records on a contractual basis, and therefore can only send report cards to those loan officers who have attended state level or Atlanta-area functions.
However, the association office DOES provide a special chapter form, to be completed by each loan officer individually. These will be distributed to each Chapter President at the beginning of each Gold Awards reporting cycle. Contact your local Chapter President for this form.
UPDATE: You can now find the chapter form online, here: Gold Awards chapter form
How do I find out who my chapter president is?
MBAG Chapter President names and contact information can be found on the Chapter Presidents' page of our website, www.mbag.org. Click the "Chapter Presidents" tab at the top of any MBAG webpage to be taken there.
What about the President's Award? Can I qualify for that too?
Eligible recipients may also qualify for this additional honor by completing the following three requirements:
- Serve on (and actively participate in) the state-level Board of Governors or state-level committee (Local chapter Board of Governors if outside the Atl. Metro area.)
- Work one full day in service to the MBAG Foundation's (Lend-A-Hand) project for that year. (Local chapters may work in similar housing-related projects for this credit, subject to Board approval.)
*Note: If no project is scheduled for the current year, you may make a $100 donation to the Foundation in lieu of participation.
- Attend Lobby Day at the State Capitol building. (Typically held each February.)
All requirements subject to verification by MBAG. Presidents Award requirements are in addition to normal Gold Award requirements.
What is the "Rising Star" award?
This award recognizes newcomers in the industry. To achieve this status, the qualifying loan officer must not have begun as a loan officer more than 6 months prior to the calendar year.
The volume requirements are somewhat lower for this award: $8M or 80 units. The other GAW requirements (5 credits, GGF contribution) are the same.
What is the "Rookie of the Year" award?
There is only one Rookie award per cycle. The loan officer must be specifically nominated by their company for the award. It must be someone who is new in the business and who has met the criteria for the Gold Awards in their first year in the industry. If more than one nomination is received, the PC committee will make a determination on the winner.
Do I have to be a member of MBAG to participate?
Yes. Only loan officers employed by MBAG-member companies are eligible for recognition in the Gold Awards program. The good news is that MBAG memberships are company-wide- If your employing company is a member of MBAG, you are automatically a member too!
What if I change companies?
No worries. As long as you transfer to another MBAG-member company, your credits will follow you!
My question wasn't answered here. How can I ask it?
You can contact us at any time for any questions not answered here. Just send email to the association office, or contact us at 478-743-8612.